On 14/01/07, Sylwester Pietrzyk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What plastic? The only plastic parts in FA* 85/1.4 are aperture ring
> and distance scale window. Sorry, both caps are plastic too ;-) Yes,
> it may scratch more easily than Ltd, but it is a very solidly built
> lens.

Its body is cast alloy, scratches penetrating to the metal appear
quite dull and the metal is in fact quite brittle (I've seen how it
breaks). I'd bet that the LTD lens is more able to take a beating
though Alan seems less than enamored by the slop in the plastic
bearings. My 31mm LTD took quite a knock, I landed with a great deal
of my weight on it and bent in the hood but the lens was otherwise
unharmed.

--
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA