Well I took some firework photos last night & I forgot to turn SR off.
They turned out fine.

I also took this shot after the fireworks, mainly as a long exposure/noise test.

Small (800x536 ~100kb)
<http://www.arach.net.au/~savage/Misc/Images/K10D/_IGP0733_sml.jpg>

Full size (3872x2592 ~1M)
<http://www.arach.net.au/~savage/Misc/Images/K10D/_IGP0733_lrg.jpg>

K10D, FA 77mm f1.8 Ltd., F5.6 @ 82 seconds, ISO 100. Sharpened
slightly for web & cloned out some power lines. Focusing was a bit of
a guess, as I could hardly see the trees in the centre of the frame.

It was supposed to be 60 seconds but my "one one thousand, two one
thousand, three..." timing method isn't too accurate much over 20
seconds :-)

Cheers,

Dave