On Mon, Jan 15, 2007 at 07:28:36PM +1000, jim wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 14:51:56 -0800, Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:
>
> Under lens ID part, it has correctly picked up both a 80-320 zoom and a
> tamron 28-300 zoom.
> I have tried an A lens and all it said was a series lens.

It really said "A series lens", not "a series lens".  That's different.

> Would there be a an entry at all for the focal length entered?
> The camera can get the max apature, so surely that could be recorded.????

That depends on what the camera does.  ShowTags just reports what the
camera has put in the various fields.   If the camera fills in the
focal length (which I believe the K10D does if shake reduction is on)
then that will show up.

While it is possible, in theory, for a DSLR to read the maximum
aperture from the dumb contacts on an A lens, I don't believe any
of the Pentax DSLRs do so - they rely on the data sent over the
digital signal pin.