Thanks for all the comments!

This was a difficult shot, because the market was
crowded, there weren't many apples (what you see is
what there was), and the apples were surrounded by
clutter.  I played with the shot a while, and tried
the fisheye, but other shots worked less well than
this one.

What attracted me was the low, warm December light on
the apples, and the deep shadows.  I like what Mark
did with the shot, except that it makes it look too
much like September rather than December.  Something
in between would probably be ideal.

Rick