I can share your feeling - today  the sun was all a glimmer on the ice
covered trees and I had no camera with me - but them remembered the
Ricoflex loaded with Classic Pan 200 under the seat of the car. I took a
brief walk about along the river, snapped some shots that will probably
just be crap.

Just got done developing the film (it's in the wash phase). Maybe it
will be ready to scan tonight - probably not, but it is a switch from
the digital world where it's al there right away.

The maximum marked aperture on the camera is f16 and the max shutter
speed is 1/100th. I went by the sunny 16 rule (no meter available) and
exposed at 1/100th - f16. I used up the last of the Microdol-X I mixed
up last summer - just at the end of it's rated life - developed the roll
in full strength Microdol since that has a built in 1 stop pull anyhow.
Hopefully it will all work out well - I always used Microdol diluted
before.

I'm probably a fool to do it, but I went ot the photo store next to
where I work to picked up a pack of sensor swaps.  They had a bin of 1/2
off B&W film (all outdated.) I popped for a propack of Trix-X 320 - the
old stuff - 5 rolls of 220 format. In a few months the glamor of the
K-10D will be fading, and I'll be back to the 6x7 (maybe.)

- MCC

--
Mark Cassino Photography