tom wrote:

> soon you'll be able to mount all
> your Pentax lenses on an MZ-D.
> You'll be able to manually focus and
> expose to your heart's content.

When I see it, I'll believe it.  I know that there are those who swear
it's coming, and I hope it does, and that it's a well-designed
camera.  But it ain't here yet.

> The interesting aspect of Mike's post
> is that he's an avowed and
> accomplished darkroom freak who really
> seems to like the output he gets
> from a middle of the road digital camera.

Since I've never seen Mike's prints, and don't know what he considers
a quality print to be, I can't get too excited when he says that the
prints he gets from this camera and his post-exposure setup is of
excellent quality.  Being an "avowed darkroom freak" doesn't mean that
one's capable of producing high quality work.  And, just to be clear
on this, I'm not suggesting that Mike's work is of poor quality, it's
just that none of us (to the best of my knowledge) has seen any of his
photography.

> It's quite surprising and should give you
> pause to think. An *average* digital p+s
> has the former editor of Darkroom Techniques
> gushing over PRINT QUALITY.

I did think - see above.

> Again, the proof is in the prints.

Absolutely.  Mike has promised to send me some prints, and I promised
to comment on them publicly.

--
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]