And, as I've pointed out before, you want to do that at a different
bank; US banks, at least, are only too happy to take funds out of
one account to pay off overdrafts in a different account.

If you don't have another account at the bank, of course, then you
are going to be paying the bank for the privilege.

I've found it simpler to not give PayPal access to any bank account.
Eventually I'll hit the limit that you are allowed just linking to
a credit card (who are more prepared to handle transaction challenges).
When that happens I'll take a look at the Google competitor to PayPal.