Well, I had hoped to get my last couple of critiques done early last
week, but events were such that I really didn't feel up to it.  So, in
the spirit of "better late than never", I intend to finish off with my
last two tonight, starting with:

Gianfranco Irlanda, "Summer Storm"

Wow!  I love it!

Everything about it speaks to those first few hectic moments of a storm
when everything is helter-skelter.  That feeling is reinforced by the
non-horizontal horizon, the fact that the front of the lead scooter is
cut off, and just a little bit fuzzy.  It appears (and is probably the
case) that the photographer is basically in the same situation as the
subjects. It doesn't surprise me, Gianfranco, that you took the image in

the way that you did, probably with one hand on the camera, and the
other on the steering wheel.

The riders of the scooters are still trying to shelter themselves from
the rain, as evidenced by the driver trying (in vain, no doubt) to
shield himself with a t-shirt or towel.  They are obviously in a hurry
to reach their destination, or at least a shelter, and one gets the
feeling that they may be driving somewhat recklessly to that end.

It would appear that no one here was prepared for what was apparently a
quick summer deluge, and you've captured that feeling beautifully.

I don't think that my little critique has done this dynamic image
justice.  It seems to break all the rules, but works in spite of, or
perhaps because of that.

Thanks for it!

-frank

--
"The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds. The
pessimist fears it is true." -J. Robert