On Jan 22, 2007, at 3:27 PM, Adam Maas wrote:

> Apple Mail is one of the worst mail clients I've used. Especially
> if you
> have IMAP mail instead of POP3 as it doesn't fully support the
> IMAP4 spec.
>
> I use Mozilla Thunderbird, which is excellent, although it doesn't
> talk
> to OS X's Address Book.

I've been using Mail since 2001. The first couple of versions were
pretty poor. The current version, v2.1, works well enough for my
needs. I have mail services that are both POP3 and IMAP ... it does
fine with both. The integration with the Address Book and other
utilities works well too.

When I tried Thunderbird, it made a terrible mess on my system. But
that was a while ago, I haven't looked at it in the past couple of
years.

Email clients are just like editors ... everyone has their
preferences. Almost all work well enough and annoy us anyway.

Godfrey