Cotty,

> Personally I don't think morality is an issue. I think it's about
> personal comfort and the law.

> If shooting (stills or video) in circumstances such as these is
> uncomfortable then the outcome is obvious - one will not do it, and
> probably think very little of those that would. That's okay by me, as I
> have a mortgage to pay and a place in hell guaranteed :-)

You speak like a true professional journalist or video (stills)
operator which it turns out you are. <-- This is *not* insult, rather
opposite thereof.

It is only a matter of one's own personal perception.

Consider, Cotty. I drove today at work and approaching a crossing I
heard an ambulance's siren. Instinctively I turned to look in the
mirror (I have slightly wider custom inside mirror) only to realize
that nothing was in there. Meanwhile the ambulance was entering the
crossing on the red so that I almost hit it as I was going on green in
the direction perpendicular to that of ambulance entry. It was in
front of me. Well, I did avoid a very unpleasant event and in a moment
the ambulance took off and I hope no harm came to the person that had
to be treated. I was rather uncomfortable after that. I still am.
Probably what happened is perfectly fine and should I be a taxi
driver, I wouldn't pay much attention to it. But I am not.

Again, it is a matter of one's own perception.

When I received my 31 limited the terror attack happened in the view
distance from my office. I took few shots but they were very bad. I
did not dare to come closer for obvious reasons, but if I had a long
lens, I might have taken better shots. But then again, this was
different eventuality.

What I am trying to say is that I consider your point of view
perfectly valid although I wouldn't dare take this kind of shot
myself.

--
Boris