Barry,

Some love it and some hate it but you can try Silkypix for free.  The website
has a free 'Lite' version.  It's too limited for serious use in my view (only
allows saving in jpg for one thing) but it will give you a good idea of whether
the full version is for you.

http://www.isl.co.jp/SILKYPIX/english/download/

I've tried Lightroom and yes, I think it's excellent. However, I supect Adobe
will charge accordingly.  I've also been using the lite  version of Bibble and
I'm impressed.  It has very few limitations compared with the 'pro' version and
isn't outrageously priced. You can download a trial version.  Acording to the
web site the latest version supports the K10D

http://www.bibblelabs.com/index.html

In so far as 'flames' are concerned, I had enough last night.... (see other
thread "Enough excitement for one night")

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia