Well, I noticed strange coloured effects on some of the pictures taken
with my istDs & F50/1.7. Apparently anti-aliasing filter is not 100%
effective solution. Take a look at these examples - these are crops from
the following frame:

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/placus/Pentax/photo?authkey=3N71J2CknRo#5023335575106229714

1. Pentax Photo Laboratory conversion, default settings. If you take a
closer look at the radiator mask of the London cab, you can see some
rainbow effects which obviously shouldn't be there.

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/placus/Pentax/photo?authkey=3N71J2CknRo#5023335639530739170

2. On the Zoner Photo Studio conversion

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/placus/Pentax/photo?authkey=3N71J2CknRo#5023335665300542962

these effects are not so pronounced as the conversion seems to be less
sharp and contrasty (also default settings), nevertheless they are still
visible.

Even ACR with its magical Color Noise Reduction Tool failed to correct
these artifacts completely. What do you do when it occurs to you? Use of
lower quality lens would probably help as such lens will provide
additional anti-aliasing filter on its own, but I don't believe that
those are so-called digitally optimized lenses... :-)

Cheers,

Peter