Paul S. wrote:

> I enjoy darkroom work, but I've also become a
> huge fan of the digital darkroom. I don't start with digital exposures.
> I start with hi-res (60 Meg) scans of color transparencies. But I love
> working on them in PhotoShop and printing them on my Epson 1200 inkjet.
> The results are very rewarding.
> And while we're on the subject of the digital darkroom, I wanted to
> mention that I've found a paper that I really like. It's called Ilford
> Fine Art, and it prints with spectacular brilliance and color saturation
> on the Epson 1200.

Paul,
I'm _convinced_ that what you describe is the best home "darkroom" for
color...even in B&W, several of my friends are shooting traditionally and
scanning conventional negatives for printing digitally. That may be smart
simply because negatives are such a good storage medium (I have to confess,
I've already "lost" or mistakenly trashed two digital image files that I
really wanted and intended to keep...).

I've never tried Ilford Fine Art but of course I have a sentimental
attachment to Ilford, having been a customer to the tune of probably tens of
thousands of dollars in the aggregate over the years. Where do you get
yours?

--Mike