Thibouille, if you want easy way of this burden, you may want to learn
Java. If you know C++/Delphi, it will not be much of a problem. Then you
can write your GUI and interface with OS low level in Java which
theoretically should be cross platform.

Otherwise, if you want to stick to C++, then what Godfrey suggested is a
good idea, but it will require from you to keep in mind this original
consideration of clean processing code and two additional layers of OS
and GUI outside your processing. It is a challenge, but if you are after
educational/academic program, then perhaps it is a bit of an over strain.

I am not sure you ever mentioned your time frame. I still think that
all-Java option needs to be considered seriously.

Cheers.

Boris