G'day Patrice,

It's sure is something to see. It's still visible here though it's not
as spectacular as last week.

On 1/24/07, Patrice LACOUTURE <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This comet is something!
>
> Too bad I was too busy to do anything about it, even not seeing it
> with my eyes :-(.
>
> Now it's your turn southerners, and it seems even more gorgeous there...
>
> BTW, I *could* spot the moon and Venus on this one :-).

:-) You did well.

> Unfortunately, the distance between the comet and the moon reduces the
> impact of the image, but there isn't much one can do about it (I don't
> want to hear the word "Photoshop" in this context, you've all been
> warned! :-) ).

It was purely a record shot, to give the size of the comment some
sense of scale.

> The other one is nice, but definitely lacks a foreground (as a
> background is out of the question ;-) ).

Yep. Next major feature...Africa :-)

> That was the tricky part for me: finding a good landscape, where I
> could place something interesting as close to the moon as possible,
> and that had to be near the horizon and rather far so I could use a
> telephoto lens to "enlarge" the moon...

This is always a challenge. For me it's sunsets. Trying to find
something other than the Indian Ocean to put between the sun & the
camera is an interesting challenge :-)

Cheers,

Dave