The K10D has the same viewfinder as the *ist D/Ds/Ds2, with improved
focusing screens. (I use both a D and a Ds). While very large, (for an
APS-C camera) and bright, after handling them, I didn't think that the
Dl[2] or K100/110 would work nearly as well manually focusing.  The D/Ds
screens are very good if you have a fast lens, of say f2-2.8 and good
enough from f3.5-5.6 IMNSHO.  If you want to manually focus I'd go for
the K10D or one of the D/Ds/Ds2 series cameras and avoid the Dl and
lessor K series.

Scott Loveless wrote:
> Howdy gang!
>
> Has anyone had an opportunity to compare manual focusing on an *istD
> or K10D vs. a DL or K100D?  I've been playing around with M42 and M
> lenses on the K100D and find that it's viewfinder is atrocious.  I'm
> kinda curious as to how the others compare.

The more I know of men, the more I like my dog.
                        -- Anne Louise Germaine de Stael