> it sounds to me that you are the one a little confused
> here not me. i.e. a 2000mAH battery stores twice the
> energy of a 1000mH battery when fully charged.( Assuming
> same battery voltage - which I did because thats all
> were were talking about was one battery ).

        I'm not talking nominal voltage... I'm talking instantaneous
voltage.  It's generally a fallacious statement that a 2000mAH battery has
twice the energy of a 1000mAH battery... even of the same chemistry.  As
an illustrative example, consider the plots on this guy's page:
http://sackheads.org/~jimmie/battery/analysis.html

        Not only the same chemistry, but the same brand and model.
Granted, this test was done with a constant *resistance* and not a
constant current as I discussed, but the results would be similar.  Notice
some cells hold a lower voltage for longer.  The energy in these cells is
the time integral of voltage and current.  The mAH rating is only
circuitously related to energy capacity.

> And you never answered my key question in the
> post, what is the intial cell voltage under
> the .350 amp load?? Is it only 1.1VDC or not?

        No it is not, initially.  A *good* cell will "fall off the edge"
at a higher voltage than a crappy cell... A crappy cell may not "fall off
the edge" until below 1.0V... in other words, it'll put out the same
current for a long time between 1.1 and 1.0.

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss, Ph.D., PPSEL-IA                                       *
* Electrical Engineering                                                *