Mike Johnston wrote:

...In North's translations. Those old Elizabethan translations are wonderful.

Hi Mike,
My Plutarch is the Langhorne translation. I have a first edition,
leather bound and gold-leafed that my uncle bought in London during WW
II. It was printed in London in 1865. I think it's more faithful to the
Greek than North's, but I don't know how contemporary scholars rate it.
Judging by his preface, Langhorne seems to believe that Shakespeare read
Plutarch in the Greek. I used to be somewhat well informed in
Shakespearean sources, but I've forgotten most of it over the years. Now
I'm lucky if I remember my way home every day :-).
Paul