Annsan,

Pentax Colorado is notoriously slow.  Hell, they won't open their mail and
check in your camera for 3 or 4 days after arrival.

For $25 you can get special handling/rush service and it's worth it.  You
talk to a service guy on the phone, then send it to his attention.  He gets
it in the mail, checks it in, and gets a service tech to look at it in 24
hours.  He will then call with an estimated cost to repair.

They still ship the camera UPS on the way back (shudder remembering
Texdance's experience), but you will see it a lot sooner with the rush
service.  My LX took about 10 days - 2 weeks this way, door to door.

Regards,  Bob S.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Paul, Shel, Bob, et. al - thanks - Pentax Colorado seems
 a reasonable place to try -- I'll get the camera back
 tomorrow
 or Saturday. My feeling was they jsut didnt want to do it. -
 They had given me an estimate and a diagnosis before,then
 said they couldn't do it.  I may have to send it somewhere
 and pick it up on the road.

 October 2 is my departure date.  I'll probably get off an
 email with my itinerary to those of you who anticipate a
 visit from me
 off the PDML list.

 annsan  >>