From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Stan
Halpin
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2007 12:26 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Kirk support for K10D

Just received the following good news:

-- unpaid ad follows --
Kirk fully supports the Pentax K10D
http://kirklist.c.topica.com/maafCdgabv9CWbeJNA3bafpLDZ/
Kirkphoto.com now offers a set of Quick Release products to fit the
popular new Pentax K10D camera, with or without the D-BG2 Battery
Grip. The (http://kirkphoto.com/newplate4p.html) PZ-33 plate for the
K10D body, the (http://kirkphoto.com/newplate4p.html) PZ-117 for the
D-BG2 Battery Grip, the (http://www.kirkphoto.com/lbracketso.html)
BL-K10 L-Bracket for the body, and the
(http://www.kirkphoto.com/lbracketso.html) BL-K10G L-Bracket to fit
the K10D with the battery grip attached.

Like all Kirk Quick Release Plates and L-Brackets, these are custom
designed and machined to conform to the exact contours for maximum
stability and support. Kirk L-Brackets work with the Arca-style
quick release system and allow you to quickly switch the camera from
horizontal to vertical on your tripod without "flopping" your ball
head. These bracket allows full access to all switches and battery
doors in both vertical and horizontal position! However, to use the
CS-205 Cable Switch, you'll need to add the
(http://www.kirkphoto.com/lbrackets.html#LBA1) LBA-1 USB/AS spacer
block.
-- end unpaid ad --

The *ist-D quick-release plates were surprisingly close to a proper fit
for the K10D, but I am glad to see that Kirk now has K10D specific
plates.
By the way, the notice says they have the K10D L-brackets (one for use
with the body only, one for use with the grip attached.) When you go to
their Pentax Plates page, it says the L-brackets are coming soon. But
if you browse around the site a bit you can find the L-brackets and
other neat stuff as well.

Disclaimer: no personal benefit to me if you buy Kirk - I am just a
very satisfied customer.

Stan