From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Adam Maas
Sent: Sunday, January 28, 2007 3:03 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Camera based SR vs. lens based IS?

Nope,

The first DSLR (Kodak DCS100 based on the F3HP) was introduced
commercially in 1991.

The first 35mm camera with IS (A Nikon VR P&S, can't recall the model)
was introduced 3 years later in 1994. Canon IS lenses would show up a
year later in the form of the craptacular 75-300 IS USM. The first
really useful IS lens was introduced in 1997 (300 f4L IS USM) and the
super teles would show up in 1999, same year as Nikon's D1, which began
the modern era of DSLR's and the end of the early Kodak DSLR era.

Canon's first in-house DSLR, the D30, showed up less than a year after
the introduction of the full-line of IS Super-Teles. Kodak did make a EF

mount DSLR prior to that, in fact the Canon mount DCS-1 was introduced
the same year as the 75-300 IS USM lens(1995).

-Adam