I moved my computer and printers to the basement last year. Prior to
that, everything had been set up in the top floor bedroom.
This was a house with forced air heat and air conditioning too, but
the difference in local "climate" was enough to cause havoc with my
printer (epson R1800). The printer went from never clogging to
clogging with an annoying regularity with no change in frequency of
use.
The printer worked much better in the upstairs room which I would say
was the more humid room of the two.