Just for fun, a few snaps testing the DA50-200 on the K10D between
cloudbursts yesterday:

   http://www.gdgphoto.com/walkinabout/

A few of those are about 30% crops from the full frame straight out
of the K10D. Exposure with this lens is very nearly right on the
money most of the time, it focuses in pretty close too. A few of the
shots I made included using it with the Pentax Rear Converter 2x-S as
well, which did well enough but for anything that long I really need
a tripod to be happy.

A very nice lens at the price I paid .. with the current rebate offer
I got it for just barely over $175.

enjoy
Godfrey

PS: I'm going to sell the F100-300/4.5-5.6 and the Pentax-A Rear
Converter 2x-S. Maybe even the FA135/2.8 IF once I do a little more
testing and comparison against the DA50-200. I hardly ever use them;
if the DA50-200's performance holds up reasonably well against the
FA135, it will be just fine as my long lens option.