Fra: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] vegne af Peter
Lacus
Sendt: 16. januar 2007 21:17
Til: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Emne: finally put my hands on K10D... part II

Howdy all!

I've tried Photoshop CS2 today to develop some RAW files and the results
were (probably as expected) the best so far. While smoothness remained
about the same as with SilkyPix (very positive), Camera RAW extracted a
tad more information. Even better thing is, that it doesn't really
matter - as long as one keeps the RAW files there'll always be a
possibility of improvements within a RAW software (I like it, it's the
same as with film scanning - you keep the originals and as technology of
scanning improves so do your scans). That said, I am quite satisfied
with results from each software I've tried, even the basic automatic
conversion with Picasa is good enough for me now. Should I change my
opinion I can always redo the pictures using another software. Let's
talk about peace of mind... :-)

Well, I must admit I didn't expect such a big difference between digital
compacts and DSLRs. I can only hope that difference between istDs and
K10D is somewhat smaller, because otherwise it'll ruin my bank account.
Can somebody please tell me it's negligible? ;-)

Cheers,

Peter

14:49