I haven't tried this particular method (but I'll definitely give it a whirl).
I'm playing around with another two-pass sharpening method described by Bruce
Fraser in "Real World Sharpening". It basically uses a USM routine on the image
edges followed by a high pass sharpening.  It has definite possibilities but
it's far more complex than Benjamin Kanarek's method.  I'm still trying to work
out the optimum USM settings.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters