----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Loveless" Subject: Re: OT - Wedding photography advice
solicitation

>> Ferget multiple lenses. Keep your equipment to a minumum. Personally, I'd
>> recommend just a standard lens. It'll keep you from being caught flat
>> footed, by having a lens off the camera when something happens, or from
>> wedging a lens when trying to change it quickly.
>
> I can do that.  By "standard lens" I'm assuming you mean a 28-80 zoom
> or something similar.  Or did you mean a 50?  I'm not sure I could do
> an entire wedding with a 50.  Some might be able to, but I doubt I
> could make it look good.

I tend to treat zooms like as if they have leprosy. I've made a couple of
exeptions in the recent past to get focal lengths that I want, but there are
too many compromises in zoom lensrs to allow me to love them.
If you are shooting digital, something in the 28-35mm range should be your
do everything lens, perhaps add something longer to do individual portraits
with. The 50mm focal length is a tad short, but very workable as a portrait
length lens on digital.
If you are going to insist on using a zoom, try for one that has a fixed
aperture to keep your flash shots looking the same from FL to FL

William Robb