From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 29. januar 2007 17:09
To: pdml@pdml.net
Subject: PESO - The End Revisited - Art Show

I mentioned a while back that I entered a local  art show at the beginning
of
Dec. and sold a photograph. My first ever.  :-)

The show was mainly pottery, jewelry, and painting, and about only  four
photographers. One guy used medium format and did landscapes --
breathtakingly
beautiful. Well, he was in his twenties and willing to lug that  large thing

around, thus I barely envied him. (Barely ;-))

So I was glad  to sell one. And it was my biggest and highest priced one
too.
Also my most  "artified," the only photographic I put in the show. I was
wondering how that  would go over, and evidentially at least one person
really
liked the  idea.

I also mentioned it was The End that I showed on list, oh, about  6-8 months

ago.

Several liked it back then as a straight photo (well, not  totally straight,

I had B&W converted it and left some areas color). But I  also got a fair
amount of technical criticism on it, not sharp enough. So I went  back to
reshoot
it and found they had changed the sign, which really nixed  reshooting it.

So I artified it more to cover up any lack of sharpness  and because I had a

mental image of the way I would like it to be. Actually this  is still not
the
way I'd like it to be -- I'd like it even more B&W as in  almost a combo of
high and low key, etc. But it comes closer than the original  did. Someday I

will rework it again.

Tim, or someone, said they'd like to  see what sold. So here it  is:

http://members.aol.com/eactivist/PAWS/pages/theend2.htm

It was  shot when my mother was ill. I also included in the show my Mom
grief
series,  the Mohave Joshua Tree, the Yosemite B&W/color combo shot, and a
few
others  I've shown previously on  list.

http://members.aol.com/eactivist/KIDDO/index.htm
http://members.aol.com/eactivist/PAWS/pages/mohavesky.htm
http://members.aol.com/eactivist/PAWS/pages/postcard.htm
http://members.aol.com/eactivist/PAWS/pages/magic.htm
http://members.aol.com/eactivist/PAWS/pages/joy.htm

Comments  are not really necessary unless you want. Because, other than
newbies, most of  you have seen them before.

But no yucking, please. I know a lot of you  like you photography straight
up
-- no water, no ice, no mixing.

Marnie  aka Doe :-)