It should have the SR focal length set to 420mm; that's the
only way it knows how angular rotation of the camera affects
the position of the image on the sensor.

Unfortunately that's not possible with an AF lens mounted on
a TC (such as the Sigma APO TCs) which passes the FA signals.

This means I can't use SR if I'm using my my AF TCs :-(
Pentax really need to come up with a way for the user to
indicate that a TC is in use.  It wouldn't be bad if they
also eventually release an AF TC of their own (hopefully
one that works with the new DA* lenses, while I'm dreaming ...)