P. J. Alling wrote:

> From DP Review post
>
>> * The release of the 645D is postponed in order to priorities on DSLRs
>The wait begins to look infinite.

If the rumours of the next canon being 22MP are accurate (or even
close), that would explain the delay. "Infinite" delay might be the
best course of action unless they can go straight to 30MP.

>http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1036&message=21896693

To present new DSLR's" at PMA seems very optimistic. How about
"announce" new DSLR's? I expect the K1D (or whatever it ends up being
called) to be announced some time this year, but "presented", even
under glass? I'd be very surprised. I'd love to be wrong, though...

There have long been rumours of Pentax working on their own CMOS
sensor. Given the continuing megapixel wars (Canon going over 17MP and
Nikon going to 15-16 MP), I'm guessing it'll be around 15MP. This will
almost certainly necissitate a lower crop factor. More likely ~1.3x
than full-frame, though.