I'm not Godfrey, but I'm using Lightroom right now preparing a large
slideshow, based on 1500 pictures. It is efficient sorting the images, and
tagging them with meta tags. They are well displayed, with a nice compare
function. After I realised the importance of free HD space it is fast enough
for my purpose. The converting tools are efficient, with a few bonus tools,
but I don't really know how I feel about the new Curve tool.

The major plus is that making a good workflow feels natural. All significant
tools are within reach, and the way they are organised is good. They kind of
asks for being used in a workflow friendly order if you get the idea.

When the final version is released I have no problem seeing myself making
the final slideshow inside Lightroom. Haven't used it for printing, my
printer is out of ink, and my budget is low at the moment. The final version
will have cloning and healing tools (not healing brush, but something
similar). The final version will also have non flash web tools. The slide
function in the beta is no good, but what I've seen of the final edition
makes me pretty sure it will do a good job.

I have never used the full version CS, so I can't compare directly. My only
PS reference is Elements, and I can say that Lightroom is way better than
that. From my point of view it is worth every dime.

Tim
Mostly harmless (just plain Norwegian)