Thanks Mark.

I'll give it a whirl.

One question. I see sometime Gifs that have some action to them. I was
toying with making the transmission part of the whistle seen in the
logo at the link on my first post, come and go.

Is this something done in Image ready.

I have never used IR

Dave

On 2/4/07, Mark Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> David J Brooks wrote:
>
> >The radio station has played around with some logo ideas and the
> >owner asked me to try something with the gifs he was given. One
> >is some text another is an old steam whistle with whistle "noise"
> >and a radio becon.
> >http://www.whistleradio.com
> >The res of these gifs is pretty low, under 80k and i am unable to
> >getthem with out the jaggies.
> >
> >I think i can get the corel files and do something i have in mind
> >but, my question is:
> >
> >Whats the best way to join two gif files into one. Is it realtivly
> >easy in PS or should i look into image ready etc.
>
> Photoshop will work. First go into Image > Mode and convert the GIF
> images to RGB color (rather than Indexed Color, which is what they are
> now), then save them as Photoshop PSD files. Then, combine them in
> layers and save the layered file as a PSD under a new name. After
> you've done whatever wizardry you have in mind to the image, use Save
> for Web to create a new GIF.

Equine Photography
www.caughtinmotion.com
Ontario Canada