Michael Kenna's photography (gees, I'm name dropping today) is
wonderful.  He's one of my favorite photographers.  If you dig through
the interviews on his site you'll come across a description of how he
prints his work.  He specifically states that he does not use
selenium, but sepia instead.  It's a very short bath and fairly
dilute.  Markus' photograph reminded me of this type of toning.

On 2/4/07, Godfrey DiGiorgi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I don't know that I'd call the color of this sepia but it's a nice
> effect. Overall, I like the photo a lot ... but it needs to be
> printed VERY large to be effective. It loses too much in this small
> rendering.
>
> Godfrey
>
> On Feb 3, 2007, at 11:14 PM, Markus Maurer wrote:
>
> > I really like this b/w sepia conversion of a view into the park
> > behind the
> > Swiss National Museum in Zurich so far.
> > I hope it will be used in a winter tourism prospect next year but must
> > rescan it then with the best film scanner I can get for all the
> > details.
> > I would like to hear your opinion regarding the sepia toning. Would
> > a colder
> > (bluer) tone work better here to pronounce the snow or would you
> > like to see
> > the muted color version?
> >
> > Pentax SFX, Tamron 90mm macro, Superia ISO 100 film, monopod,
> > Minolta dual
> > scan II, uncropped:
> >
> > http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=5548918&size=lg (250 KB)

Scott Loveless