Hello Rick,

It is a pretty cool tree.  I agree that there is a shot or three in
there.  This one doesn't seem to be it for me.  I would certainly look
at a lower angle, different perspectives, different lighting etc.  I
have a few of these kind of things where I know the shot is there, but
haven't quite found it yet.

I suspect your DOF is so good because your angle is quite wide and the
distance of the subject to camera is not particularly close.

--
Best regards,
Bruce