Yes, the number one becomes the backup. I had two D cameras. I sold the
oldest one before the K100 was released and got a good price for it.
Then I waited for the K10D. It was only about $250 more than what I
netted on the D and its grip. So, I'm willing to write off the second D
when the K1D arrives. I'll probably give it to one of my kids. If I do
decide to sell it, I suspect it will still be worth at least $250. But
time will tell.
Paul