----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Sorenson"
Subject: Re: Trying to buy the LightRoom

> Hmmm...I've upgraded computers and re-installed registered versions of
> XP Pro and Office 2003 on the new one without a hitch.  But I'm behind a
> router.  I wonder if the MS server sees the IP address of the router
> gateway and recognizes it as the registered owner.

I'm behind a router as well. I think the serial number of the drive or some
such is transmitted during registration. It would make more sense from the
software writers POV or else there would be nothing to stop a business from
putting software onto a couple of dozen machines, all going through the same
gate.

William Robb