----- Original Message -----
From: "Adam Maas"
Subject: Re: Three new Pentax DA star lenses: any knowledge?

> The real issue with EVF's isn't resolution or refresh rate. Those are
> both merely engineering issues. The real issue is lag. EVF's are
> inherently laggy. Optical viewfinders inherently aren't.

I was looking at a Fuji with an EVF a while back.
It pretty much hoovered.
Really laggy, when you pushed the shutter button to lock focus, it locked
the VF image as well, and the display was visibly "grainy".
I thought it would be unusable. The saleman told me that the primary
viewfinder would be the screen on the back of the camera, which of course
begged the question "why did they go to the effort of putting an EVF into
the thing?"

William Robb