Hi Marnie,

> That was my first reaction, then when I  looked at the color I wasn't sure
> why you added the shadows to the top. You do  realize that it is reversed
> from
> what would be normal? Shadows would be at the  bottom. I think you were going
> for mood, but when one reverses a normal  situation one has to be careful. It
> will disturb us because it is reversed, but  on the other hand, we will also
> question its reality.  All I can say is it  doesn't really work for me. Maybe
> if
> it had more of a hint of shadows, but right  now it is too dark for me.
>
> Take with a grain of salt, my  .02.

thank you for your opinion. Actually I haven't realized that I reversed
reality, I just wanted way more contrasty look. :-) The result looks
approximately the way I've envisioned it (at least on my display, which
is fairly low on contrast). But as I wrote in an other message in this
thread, I was just playing with the picture and it took about 3 minutes
to create the B&W version so I am aware it's far from perfect...

Cheers,

Peter