On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 12:09:02PM +0100, John Whittingham wrote:

> Switched to multi-segment with the MZ-3, found it to be accurate and
> consistent although I would occasionally use spot metering fot tricky
> lighting situations.

That's what I did, too (except for the fact I had a PZ-1p, not an MZ-3).
The only time I've use centre-weighted metering in the past decade or
more is when I've been using the MX.  But spot-weighted metering is not
something I'd gladly forgo; it's good enough that I've never bothered
to have my ancient Weston Master V recalibrated/repaired.

As a matter of interest, does anyone know how the spot metering area
of the digital bodies compares to that of the PZ-1p?  I believe that
was 2.5% of the area (of a 24x36 frame), so I'd expect the digitals
would be 5% if they were using the same sensor.