> With some of the most avid Pentax users here in the U.S. and
> elsewhere, I wonder why a setup like this wouldn't be offered
> outside of Japan? Jim A.

I think the Japaness companies have a tendency to test the market
for new products in Japan, before they put them on other markets,
perhaps even for products that are targeted to or likely preferred
by consumers of other markets (US, Europe, etc.)

The effect of this, I imagine, is that the Japanese consumers
end up deciding the fate of the new products for the rest of
the world.

Japan has been in deep resssession.  Still is.  There must be
a great deal of pessimisim among their consumers.  So I wonder
how many siginificantly new products ever get launched to
outside.

Tonghang.