From Cotty:
 >I'm here.
 >
 >Pentax K register distance is 45.46mm
 >Canon FD register distance is 42mm
 >
 >This means that to alter an FD lens to fit a K mount  camera (without
 >using an adapter containing an optical element to correct for infinity
 >focus) you would have to remove over 3 and a half mil from the back of
 >the FD lens flange. If you're going to use a 42mm threaded adapter, then
 >add the thickness of the adapter to that. Might be problems in that
 >there's not enough room on the back of the FD lens before problems start
 >in terms of aperture ring etc. You may or may not have problems with the
 >rear element of the lens not clearing the mirror. I don't have an FD to
 >look at, but where there's a will, there's a way.
 >
 >I have some links on the bottom of this page that might be of further
 >interest:
 >
 ><<http://www.cottysnaps.com/snaps/mods/details.html>http://www.cottysnaps.com/snaps/mods/details.html>
 >
 >It's a big job but as an engineering exercise, viable, if expensive. Of
 >course, as a hobbyist, cost is not justifiable so go to it!

I had a mode in mind that's more basic and only a trade-off in effort.
How if I just modify the stops inside the lens mechanism and move the
glass back.
The scale isn't really important.
And after all, it's only a Canon lens.  :)

Sincerely,

Collin Brendemuehl
http://www.brendemuehl.net
http://evangelicalperspective.blogspot.com
http://philosophyforchristians.blogspot.com

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose"
                                                 -- Jim Elliott