John Celio a écrit :
>> Well, I was going to set my alarm and head up to an east facing lookout
>> not far from here - but, it started raining on Saturday and hasn't stopped
>> since (not that I'm complaining, mind you....)
>>

> Yeah, it's cloudy here too, though no rain today.
>
> *sigh*  Maybe next time.  Anyone have any good night sky images in mind for
> the near future?
>
> John

It was also cloudy this morning, but It's clear now (although the moon
is not as close to Jupiter and Antares anymore) and I think I'll try it
tomorrow morning (bad idea since tomorrow I'll fly for a business trip).

Next similar event is Feb-19 at sunset: the moon will be *VERY* close to
Venus right after sunset. Probably more spectacular than my previous
GESO: Venus will be only 1 moon diameter from the moon.

Patrice