Cotty wrote:
> On 15/2/07, Adam Maas, discombobulated, unleashed:
>
>> The release is badly located. With the more typical location on the
>> other side of the mount(like Nikon and Canon EF) you can, with a little
>> practice, operate the release with the same hand that grips the lens as
>> you remove it. Makes for really quick lens swaps. The release location
>> is my one beef with the K mount design from an ergonomics standpoint.
>
> With the Canon, you hold the camera in your left hand, index or middle
> finger on that hand hits the lens release button, and the right hand
> removes the lens. I remember finding it 'alien' when I first got a
> Darkside camera. A few years down the line, and I find it more intuitive.

With a Nikon you hold the lens with your right, and your right index
finger will brush up against the release, a little pressure and you can
press the release and rotate the lens with the same hand. Some Canons
can do this, some block the release from the front, so you have to do it
as Cotty describes.

-Adam