John Whittingham wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 18:29:35 +0000, mike wilson wrote
>
>>No comment 8-)  But, if you ever get the chance, try a full frame of
>>the eye.  Magnificent.
>

> Hi Mike
>
> I missed this, just found it while sorting out my inbox. The eye, very
> curious about the colour, I'm sure it would look great full frame, I just
> don't have the reach. Now if I ever get a 600 f/4 or a Sigma 800 :)
>
> John

Nip over to the Farnes in about two months' time.  You can get right up
to the nest with a ~100mm macro lens.  I've only got shots on film that
do not scan adequately.  It is the most gorgeous emerald green with a
radiating pattern.

When you get bored with that, you can try to catch puffins in flight.