Bob Sullivan wrote:

>Ann,
>
>I've never gotten a scam email that appeared on "My ebay", the place
>where they summarize your account, items your watching, and so forth.
>It's looks pretty fool proof to me.

alas, were it so.

>(snip...)

Bob, trust me, the scam mail came through the MY EBAY message thing -- I
use this all the time.
watch out for it.

I have gotten two or three that way -- they aren't scams in the regular
sense, they are
listed ebay users who are offering to sell your stuff for you, usually.
 ebay catches them
(sometimes) and has twice sent me an alert, though they didn't need to.

Bob wrote

>I have received messages that appeared to be from ebay's mail
>system...questions about buying or selling an item I didn't list or
>bid on.  The format made it look just like it was from the ebay mail
>system, but it wasn't and it didn't show on 'My ebay' summary page.

ann replies
Mine did.

>Are you saying that you are getting messages thru their system that
>are scams.  If so, time to report them.
>
>Regards,  Bob S.

Of course I reported it to them.  But as I said above, they caught some
after it got to my mailbox.

What annoys me is when I report stuff to ebay and they reply with all
the stuff __I __told __them__ in
a form letter, as if they had never read mine.

But I have all the mail in my messages forwarded to my real email
address and I write my replies
from my real email address -- I only use the ebay mail if I think
someone's spam locker may have
kept them from getting mail directly from me.
I do this because I want every single email I ever sent anyone about
anything to be saved on my machine
at home.

ann