Thanks for the encouraging words.

The camera store rang me on Saturday and apologized for the problem on the
phone. They told me, probably another couple of weeks. And interestingly said
that all the distributors here do not know what is in a shipment until it
arrives!

Does Pentax just decide what to send and Kennedys have to just ware it?

I received and e mail from Kennedys today: " The revised delivery time is now
late March. " Certainly a bit different to before xmas.

That's about five months. It certainly seems the B&H is more efficient at
obtaining stock!

Both the camera store and Kennedys have now suggested that I buy a Sigma item
instead.

I am happy with the camera store, they are at least trying to get the lens for
me. Others did not even give me the courtesy of letting me know that they
wouldn't try to get a Pentax lens.

I'm never going to order an item that comes via Kennedys again! If I happen to
see an item in a shop, at the right time, I'll buy it. But I'll not order
anything!

Stephen