Today it is the opposite, I realize at school teachers always tought
us that performance wasn't a big deal since power of computers was
going up so much anyway.

In my limited experience, it made people not care at all about
performance which is pretty puch stupid. Of course spending a byte
more or less here and there is a silly question but no care about
performance !?

Never understood their POV. Maybe it goes all too fast for them ;)

2007/2/19, P. J. Alling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I worked on projects where saving a couple of bytes in a character
> string ended up in hardware/storage savings figures in the Millions of
> dollars.  The Y2K problem was mostly the result of that kind of analysis.
>
> Bruce Dayton wrote:
> > Kind of reminds me of the Y2K problem - the older programmers thought
> > they wouldn't need to deal with it, so didn't...until...
> >
> > Since you know you are going to end up with the problem, why not just
> > come up with a solution now, instead of having to go back and fix it
> > later?  The solutions aren't really too tough.

> The more I know of men, the more I like my dog.
>                         -- Anne Louise Germaine de Stael

Thibault Massart aka Thibouille