mike wilson wrote:

>> From: Joseph Tainter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> Way, way OT, but stimulated by Cotty's post:
>>
>> My laptop can find wireless networks, and can connect to unsecured ones.
>> But my browsers can't manage to connect to the internet through them. Is
>> there a web page with instructions on how to get a browser to use a
>> wireless network?

> When I get home, I can send you my NS7.2 settings off list, if that would
> help.  I imagine it will be a bit of a pain to get a browser to use more than
> one connection type without having to reconfigure manually each time you
> change.  Except... the thought occurs to me that you could possibly use the
> "profiles" system on NS to configure it for different methods.  Don't know if
> that's possible.

There shouldn't be any need to change settings in the browser, except
maybe the proxy addresses.  It should use whatever network connections
your machine has.  Are these wireless networks that you control?  If
not, there may be some sort of filtering going on in those networks.

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)