From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 11:16 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: M42 digital camera ( was 85mm f1.8 SMCT on ebay : $400+

There's a company that makes stereo cameras by "mating" two 35mm SLRs
together.  The lenses are identical, and hooked together so that the
user can zoom at the same time and focus at the same time.  The RBT
camera is expensive,  but a few members of my stereo club have purchased
these cameras.  Don't know how profitable it is to make these cameras.
I have a nice collection of M42 lenses that I can use with my *ist D.
agree that it is a long shot that a digital M42 body will be made.  If
one is made,  what price would M42 lens owners be willing to pay for
one? The RBT stereo slrs can cost up to $4,000 USD.  Is that too high a
price for an M42 digital camera?

Jim A.