I will vouch for the reviewers comments on this lens.  I have it and it
is extremely sharp.  There is absolutely no vigineting at the corners as
is sometimes the case with superwides, and build quality is excellent.
 This is one of Sigma's EX series and shares the same metal barrel and
 high grade glass with other lenses in the series.  It has Sigma's dual
focus clutch system, where you slide the focusing colour forward or back
(clicks into place) to engage or disengage manual focusing.  When
disengaged you can hold the lens by the focusing colour and it does not
rotate as the lens focuses on auto focus.

I like this so much I have traded in my existing EX 28-70 f2.8 to the
new model with the dual focusing feature.  My camera shop has phoned to
advise it's in and as soon as I can  walk, I will pick it up. ( I bust
my leg up badly and had plates and screws to put it back together).

Cheers,  Mike.