I think this procedure is nonsensical. To enable this tapping the
shutter "mirror lock," you have to shoot without a cable release. But
I'd be willing to bet that a finger on the shutter button creates more
movement than the mirror. What's the point? I've tried it with
Spotmatics. As Scoot would say, "It sucks."
Paul